Reporting to the Academy Manager & Media Producer, the Academy Assistant will provide administrative support to BAYCAT Academy and BAYCAT. This position is responsible for supporting the implementation and documentation of BAYCAT Academy programs as well as helping to coordinate activities and executing functions relating to Youth and Young Adult programs.
- Keep an organized and clean educational program office environment
- Order and maintain BAYCAT Academy supplies and snacks
- Assist with keeping accurate and up-to-date records of BAYCAT Academy information via Salesforce, google drive and Asana
- Execute outreach tasks like printing flyers and preparing mailings etc
- Assist with scheduling Academy related meetings
- Perform research pertinent to Academy program needs
- Book travel and/or group meeting arrangements as needed
- Assist with ordering and picking up all Academy related meals
- Help execute all Academy related events
- Provide input during meetings and take detailed notes
- Perform other duties per BAYCAT's overall administrative needs when necessary
Community Relations and BAYCAT Participant Support
- Respond to inquiries in a warm, responsive and professional manner
- Schedule calls and meetings for the VP, Academy Manager and/or Academy Coordinator when needed
- Attend outreach events and do presentations when needed
- Assist with Field trip coordination as well as be a chaperone on field trips
- Help to document Academy Activities and get the Development/Social Media teams photos and/or info
- Assist in classes & YA workshops when needed
- Establish positive relationships with youth, parents, interns and program partners
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS:
Proactive and Resourceful. You’re able to anticipate needs ahead of time, create a plan and execute.
An Organized Team Player. You love to-do lists, spreadsheets and being detailed.
A Positive People Person. You love people (especially youth and young adults) and you pride yourself on being a welcoming and patient person.
A Youth Advocate. You have worked with youth in some capacity and love to support young people.
An Effective Communicator. You’re clear, concise, professional.
A Problem Solver. You thrive in a fast paced work environment and know that time is limited. You come to the table with possible solutions instead of constant problems.
A Collaborator. You prefer the word “we” more than “me.” We do a LOT for a small team, and that is because we work as a team, both internally, and with many, many partners.
Passionate About Social Justice. You want to work at an organization that values diversity and inclusion.
Rate of pay: $21 per hour
This is a full-time role that includes benefits
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter, resume and link to work samples to and include the position in the subject line. Position is open until filled. No phone calls please.
EOE. We Strive for a Workforce as Diverse as the Community We Serve.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.